Governance that promotes CSR
Management’s commitment to engagement
Social responsibility is at the heart of our growth model and our corporate strategy. We are committed to making our operations more transparent and relevant to our stakeholders.
- For the second consecutive year, we are publishing a report on our integrated approach, as part of presenting our financial and non-financial information at the same time.
- A strategic roadmap rounded off the work on setting out Orabank’s strategic focus to support the 2016-2018 three-year plan.
- The CEO of Orabank has approved the integrated report and presented it to the Board of Directors and the principal shareholders.
International and national commitments
- We apply the latest version of the new GRI standards as a frame of reference, since they constitute the most used and recognised reporting framework in the world.
- We also drew on the integrated reporting frame of reference published by the IIRC.
- In view of our banking operations, we respect and implement the principles set out by the United Nations in the context of the PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) initiative.
- Nous nous appuyons également sur le cadre de référence du reporting intégré publié par l’IIRC.
- Compte tenu de nos activités bancaires, nous respectons et mettons en œuvre les principes définis par les Nations-Unies dans le cadre de l’initiative de PRI (Principes pour l’Investissement Responsable).
A proactive approach to promoting CSR
We are under no regulatory obligation as regards reporting. Nevertheless, we are committed to a proactive, voluntary approach.
What we want is to keep making progress with developing our CSR (corporate social responsibility) programmes and providing information on our performance in that regard.
At a training seminar held in 2017 with all group Communication teams (holding company and subsidiaries/branches), guidance was taken on communication, under the stewardship of Delphine Ndiaye, the group’s Communication Director.
Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Incorporating ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
Being active owners and incorporating ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
Promoting acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry
Working with the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRIs) to enhance effectiveness in implementing the principles
Reporting on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
Responsible communication principles
Social responsibility is central to our communication practices. In general, we are committed to:
- improving our environmental performance;
- reducing our carbon footprint;
- using natural resources responsibly;
- cutting out any negative impact our operations may have on endangered forests.
The printing of this document meets our commitments and we recommend using PEFC-/FSC-certified paper. The digital format of our 2017 report is another way in which our communication is more responsible and we are encouraging the distribution of the electronic format.