million of FCFA invested in citizen solidarity by subsidiaries
subsidiaries have developed a program for solidarity and citizenship
subsidiaries (Benin, Guinea and Mauritania) have developed a program for participative savings products
Examples of solidarity actions
- Donations of materials to school, health and vulnerable child protection structures
- Project to support victims of sexual violence within the framework of the International Day of the Girl Child
- Wheelchair financing initiative for women with disabilities, led by Orabank collaborators
- Institutional Partnerships: Universities, UNICEF
- Christmas trees and donations to NGOs
- Financing of computer purchases for deserving students and lunches for disadvantaged schoolchildren
- Immunization and control campaigns against the outbreak of hemorrhagic fever, the Ebola virus
- Reforestation and environmental remediation actions
- Free screening days for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- University partnerships to enable access to higher education for all.
Orabank Benin has decided to support two centers for abandoned children: the Ouidah nursery and the GRACIA orphanage. The bank, with the involvement of all the staff, made a donation in cash and food. The cash donation was composed of a part coming from the bank and the other one from a symbolic and voluntary contribution of all the staff. It is with arms full of food and basic necessities for early childhood that the management of the bank went to the nursery of Ouidah.
The General Management and the staff of Orabank Mali will join the National Blood Transfusion Center on October 21, 2021, for a voluntary blood bag collection operation. The shortage of blood bags is frequent and leads to the loss of human life on a daily basis. We must mobilize ourselves to actively participate in blood donation. Giving blood is a generous, supportive and responsible act to save lives.
Orabank Guinea Bissau donated materials for the renovation of a health post in a dilapidated state at the Regional Hospital of Gabu, which was the victim of a robbery. Orabank Guinea Bissau also donated 15 beds to the hospital. This donation aims at supporting the hospital staff and helping them to work in good conditions.
In support of vulnerable people affected by breast cancer, Orabank Senegal has made a contribution to the Association Cancer du Sein Sénégal (ACS) on the occasion of the launch of Pink October 2021. A check for one million CFA francs was handed over as a contribution to the awareness and early detection campaigns for breast and gynecological cancer organized for women in Wakhinane Nimzatt, Saint-Louis, Thiès and Yeumbeul.
The Caisse Nationale de Sécurité Sociale (CNSS) is committed to supporting the insured and their families by providing scholarships and school kits to orphans and vulnerable children as well as food to the needy. On September 10, 2021, Orabank Burkina, a citizen bank, spoke from the heart by donating 2,000,000 FCFA, school bags and various gadgets.
Orabank Ivory Coast, proceeded to a delivery of protection kits (mask and gloves) and hygienic products (hydroalcoholic gel) worth more than 6 million CFA francs to support the action of the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene in the fight against the coronavirus. The donation should allow a greater number of people to have access to these products, which have become essential in the context of the health crisis.
- Donation of 5 million FCFA to the Ministry of Health of the State of Benin to fight against the covid-19 pandemic
- Donation of school scholarships worth 2 000 000 FCFA and school bags to orphans of the Caisse Autonome des Travailleurs
- Donation of 2,000,000 FCFA and school bags to the Caisse Nationale de Solidarité Sociale
- Donation of mobile traffic circles to the municipal police of Koudougou worth 1 800 000 FCFA
- Subsidy for staff in meal tickets / Budget 67 465 650 FCFA
- Donations on the occasion of several events in the life of the personnel: death, marriage, awards, various assistance, etc., with a value of 7 714 000 FCFA
- Financing, alongside the Association of Midwives of the city of San-Pedro, of a day of sensitization of women to maternity and family planning issues and the organization of a Christmas tree by buying gifts for 200 children / Budget 400 000 FCFA
- Organization of a “Christmas Tree” and distribution of snacks, meals and gifts for children with cancer at the pediatric oncology center of the CHU of Treichville in order to share Christmas cheer with them / Budget 2 900 000 FCFA
- Assistance to the association of women for world peace, in support of the project of teaching character education based on the development of ethical, moral and civic values in children / Budget 500 000 FCFA
- Signing of a partnership agreement with the Red Cross in which Ivory Coast Orabank undertakes to support their initiatives such as the recruitment of donors for the mother and child resilience project
- Donation of 14.3 tons of food to the most vulnerable populations, i.e. those most affected by the spread of the coronavirus pandemic
- Participation in the edition of the book of the year for students, teachers and parents of the Lycée Blaise Pascal / Budget 780,588 FCFA
- Donation of three blankets to the Institute of Nutrition and Child Health at the Donka National Hospital / Budget 71 000 000 GNF
- Bank participation in the project to build a primary school in Maritime Guinea / Budget 200,000 FCFA
- Donations for the fight against covid-19 and contribution to the prevention of the pandemic during the carnival / Budget 2 500 000 FCFA
- Support for communication and awareness programs with the SNLS (National Secretary for the Fight against AIDS) in the fight against AIDS / Budget 500 000 FCFA
- Support to the NGO Onda Solidaria, in the framework of the sensitization on the situation of albinos for an amount of 500 000 FCFA
- Support to the National Federation of Football for the CAN 2021 / Budget 1 500 000 FCFA
- Donations for the fight against covid-19 / Budget 35 000 000
- Donation to the NGO Al Farouk following Ramadan / Budget 283 500 FCFA
- Participation of Orabank in the World Blood Donor Day and blood donations from employees / Budget 600 000 FCFA
- Donation to the Salif Keïta Foundation to support the cause of albinos in Mari / Budget 1 000 000 FCFA
- Donation of 500 Orabank personalized water bottles to the mosques of 5 of the 8 branches in Bamako, during the month of Ramadan / Budget 1 000 000 FCFA
- Free breast cancer screening for all female staff of Orabank Mali / 650 000 FCFA
- Donation to the NGO BASMA, a food aid to the most disadvantaged during the month of Ramadan for a value of 60,000 MRU, equivalent to 1,000,000 FCFA.
- Orabank Niger provided financial support to the NGO ADEN for the care and care of orphaned or abandoned children / Budget 1,000,000 FCFA
- The NGO “TKD UN SPORT FOR ALL” is an association that aims to enable children in family difficulties to flourish through sport. With this action, Orabank Chad supports the State initiatives in the promotion of sports and youth / Budget 500,000 FCFA
- Provision of tables and benches to an elementary school in the city of Tahoua / Budget 5 000 000 FCFA
- 700 kits of breakage of young, worth 2 000 000 FCFA, were distributed to the disadvantaged populations of the villa of Niamey, during the period of Ramadan. This gesture of Orabank Niger wants to be citizen, in order to get closer to the populations and especially to mark its sympathy to this category of the population during this very important period.
- Orabank Niger has donated pharmaceutical products worth 2,000,000 CFA francs to two health centers and the Niamey Obstetric Fistula Reference Center. These pharmaceutical products are essentially composed of basic necessities, useful for the care of patients.
- Thirty thousand personalized water bottles and 400 mats were distributed to religious families and customers of Orabank Senegal in Touba on the occasion of the Magal of Touba on September 26, 2021. In this context, a financial contribution of two million CFA francs was given to the Khalifa of the Mourides and to the Touba ca Kanam Association which is active in the community development of the locality / Budget 7 550 000 FCFA
- Orabank Senegal supports the Afrivac Foundation by allocating an annual budget of one million CFA francs. Afrivac’s mission is to mobilize the private sector to finance the vaccination of children in Senegal / Budget 1 000 000 FCFA
- Orabank Senegal has allocated 4 million CFA francs to CARITAS Senegal for charitable works in favor of disadvantaged populations in the cities where the bank is present. For this purpose, checks of 500,000 F were given to the heads of CARITAS of Saint-Louis, Thiès, Mbour, Kaolack, Ziguinchor, Tambacounda and a check of 1 million for CARITAS Dakar). CARITAS Senegal is a Catholic organization involved in humanitarian work / Budget 4 000 000 FCFA
- Ramadan Baskets and Sugar Bags Gifts / Budget : 59 440 000 FCFA
- Christmas baskets offered as gifts / Budget : 25 900 000 FCFA
- Purchase of benches and chairs at the Associated Catholic School of Beguinage / Budget : 500 000 FCFA
- Assistance to ORPHELINAT SHALOM / payment of arrears of rent and teachers’ salaries / Budget : 750 000 FCFA
- Purchase of medicines from the ORDER OF MALTA’S HEALTH CENTER / Budget : 1 000 000 FCFA
- Assistance to the Polytechnic University of the Francophonie / Budget : 2 427 000 FCFA
- Donation of food kits to 150 orphans and vulnerable children taken care of by the NGO “Afrique Solidarité Internationale” during their “Christmas, Joy of Children” event
- Donation to the 38 laureates, during the ceremony of excellence at the University of Lomé, of checks of an amount varying between 500 000 FCFA and 200 000 FCFA according to their ranks
- Partnership with the National Institute of Health Insurance (INAM) for the health insurance coverage of 500 Togolese students / Budget 8 000 000 FCFA
- Financial contribution to “Les Editions graines de pensées” for the promotion of works intended to raise awareness on environmental protection / Budget 2 000 000 FCFA
- Donation of a tricycle, food kits and a check for 500,000 CFA francs to support the activities of widows gathered in the association Cercle des Amis Ouvriers du Togo in Sotouboua / Budget 2,000,000 FCFA
- Financial support of 5,000,000 FCFA to the commune of Golfe 3 to support the project “Mon quartier, Mon challenge” (My neighborhood, My challenge) concerning the fight against insalubrity and the sanitation of the living environment of the communities through their own commitment
- Participation in the World Summit for Girls organized by Plan International TOGO and in the FERIN 2021 exhibition with a financial contribution of 10 000 000 FCFA