Investments in citizen and solidarity actions by subsidiaries
37.7 M FCFA
Subsidiaries that have developed a solidarity and citizenship program
Subsidiaries that have developed a program for participatory savings products
For Orabank, being a committed citizen bank means working for the community in a spirit of solidarity. Beyond funding, we stand with all our stakeholders, especially the most vulnerable. We support populations facing the challenges of sustainable development.
The Orabank Group, faithful to its vocation to provide products and services for the well-being of communities in the host countries, carries out various solidarity actions through its subsidiaries and branches. The Orabank group is involved in organizing community and charitable events and supporting projects linked in particular to education and sport.
We are committed, alongside public institutions, associations, and NGOs, as well as civil society, to promoting a fairer and inclusive society, to growing together, and to Africa.
Categories of solidarity actions:
- Donation of materials to schools, health, and vulnerable child protection facilities International Day of the Girl Child Support Project for Victims of Sexual Violence Initiative from Orabank staff to finance wheelchairs for Women with Disabilities, driven by Orabank staﬀ;
- Institutional partnerships: Universities, UNICEF Christmas trees, and NGO donations;
- Financing computer purchases for deserving students and lunches for underprivileged schoolchildren Vaccination and fight against the epidemic of hemorrhagic fever, the Ebola virus;
- Reforestation and environmental remediation actions;
- Free screening days for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc. University partnerships to ensure access to higher education for all.
And among these action categories, the most recent:
- In August 2022, Orabank Benin, in partnership with the National Agency for Blood Transfusion and the support of the Claudine TALON Foundation, organized a blood donation operation that collected hundreds of pockets of blood to save the lives of many patients in hospitals and health centers: sick children, road accidents, etc. Through this action, Orabank Benin reaﬃrms its corporate commitment.
- In 2022, Orabank Mali was alongside the National Blood Transfusion Center for a blood drive campaign.
- Orabank Mali has handed over a check worth of 1,000,000 CFA francs to the Fondation pour l’Enfance. This donation is a contribution to the expansion of the emergency and resuscitation department of the Mother-Child Hospital Le Luxembourg.
- In September 2022, on the Grand Magal of Touba, a delegation from Orabank Senegal visited the religious city to donate thirty-ﬁve thousand (35,000) bottles of water, two hundred mats, and cash donations. The association Touba ca Kanam, which promotes the development of Touba, and various religious leaders in the city have also received support from the bank.
- In October 2022, as part of the new school year, women from Orabank Togo donated food and non-food to Apprentis Orphelins d’Afrique and La Jarre orphanage. A gesture that was supported by the Bank with ﬁnancial assistance for these structures to support them in their activities. It was in a warm and friendly atmosphere that the children, orphanage oﬃcials, and women of the Bank exchanged and shared a snack.
- Every year during the holy month of Ramadan, Orabank Mauritania donates food to NGOs. The choice is based on a study of the ﬁle and an interview (understanding the involvement and sincerity) with the members of the NGOs.
- In 2022, this support amounted to a total of two million CFA francs.
- In April 2022, Orabank Mali gave to the Fondation pour l’Enfance, one million CFA francs to finance the expansion of the emergency department and resuscitation of the Mother-Child Hospital Le Luxembourg.
- In 2022, to help ﬁght for a lower accident rate in the city of Kougoudou, Orabank Burkina gave the local police mobile roundabouts as well as donations to the city’s ﬁre brigade.
- In 2022, Orabank Burkina continued its actions to fund grants to orphans of CNSS and CARFO.
The Orabank Group, faithful to its vocation for the well-being of communities in the host countries, carries out various solidarity actions through its subsidiaries and branches. The Orabank group is committed to organizing community and charitable events and supporting projects related to education and sports.
- In November 2022, thanks to the mobilization and generosity of all its staﬀ, Orabank Mali donated food to the Malian Association of the Mentally Deﬁcient (AMALDEME) and the NIABER orphanage
- In February 2022, Orabank Niger, in partnership with Plan International Niger, oﬀered a block of equipped classes at AFN Primary School in Maradi.
- As part of its CSR initiatives, Orabank Senegal has committed to supporting the Breast Cancer Association of Senegal (ACS2) every year in its efforts to raise awareness, screen, and care for women who are sick or aﬀected by the disease. It was in this context that Orabank Senegal Deputy Managing Director, Michel Koﬁ Dorkenoo, received a delegation from the Association led by its President, Mrs. Mame Diarra Kébé, to whom he handed a check for one million ﬁve hundred thousand CFA Francs (1,500,000 FCFA). With this contribution to support breast reconstruction, Orabank Senegal hopes to give a smile to a woman aﬀected by breast cancer and thus contribute to her social well-being. A gesture highly appreciated by the president of ACS2 Madame Kébé, who reiterated to Orabank Senegal and its deputy managing director, the sincere thanks of all the members of the Association. ACS2 is an association created in 2013 by a group of volunteers made up of former cancer patients, cancer specialists, and volunteers. It organizes diagnostic and awareness days on the disease through lectures in high schools, training schools, and local communities. ACS2 “ﬁnancially and psychologically” helps female and child cancer patients throughout Senegal.
- In March and April 2022, Orabank Togo sponsored the second edition of the International Craft Market of Togo (MIATO). The bank was present through a booth which was an opportunity to present to all craftmen Orabank’s products and services, such as the Credit Professionnel Savings Account, the free Visa credit cards, or the KEAZ application.
- In October 2022, Orabank Togo sponsored the second edition of the Togo Digital Awards, which was held at the Auditorium of the University of Lomé. In addition to ﬁnancial support for the event, Orabank also offered the winners of the main categories of the competition personalized pre-paid VISA cards topped up for a total amount of eight hundred thousand CFA francs.
La Direction Générale et le personnel d’Orabank Mali s’engagent aux côtés du Centre National de Transfusion Sanguine, le 21 octobre 2021, pour une opération de collectes volontaires de poches de sang. La pénurie de poches de sang est fréquente et engendre des pertes de vies humaines au quotidien. Nous devons nous mobiliser pour participer activement au don de sang. Donner son sang est un acte généreux, solidaire et responsable pour sauver des vies.