thousands of FCFA invested in citizen solidarity by subsidiaries
subsidiaries have developed a program for participatory savings products
For Orabank, being a committed bank and a citizen means working for the community in a spirit of solidarity. Beyond funding, we stand alongside all our stakeholders, and especially the most vulnerable ones. We support people in the face of the challenges of sustainable development.
Marketing Communications Manager, Orabank Togo
Working for the Well-Being of Communities
The Orabank Group, faithful to its vocation for the well-being of the communities in the countries of establishment, carries out various solidarity actions through its subsidiaries and branches. The Orabank Group is committed to organizing community and charitable events and supporting projects related to education and sport.
Together with public institutions, associations and NGOs, as well as civil society, we are committed to promoting a more equitable and inclusive society. This is how the Orabank Group is committed to growing together, and for Africa.
Examples of solidarity actions
- Donations of materials to school, health and vulnerable child protection structures
- Project to support victims of sexual violence within the framework of the International Day of the Girl Child
- Wheelchair financing initiative for women with disabilities, led by Orabank collaborators
- Institutional Partnerships: Universities, UNICEF
- Christmas trees and donations to NGOs
- Financing of computer purchases for deserving students and lunches for disadvantaged schoolchildren
- Immunization and control campaigns against the outbreak of hemorrhagic fever, the Ebola virus
- Reforestation and environmental remediation actions
- Free screening days for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- University partnerships to enable access to higher education for all.
Promoting community development
In each of its host countries, the Orabank Group participates, supports and initiates citizen actions. They must demonstrate their sustainable and supportive nature, and are evaluated upstream to ensure the seriousness of their protagonists and the proper coverage of the need for vulnerable populations. As a human bank, committed and citizen, we invest in local people and communities.
Here are some local examples of our commitments:
- Donation for several events in the life of the staff: death, marriage, awards, work medals, various types of assistance, etc. / Budget 22,716,734 FCFA
- Staff restaurant voucher grant / Budget 36,500,000 FCFA
- Donation of school kits to CARITAS for disadvantaged children / Budget 942,500 FCFA
- AIDS Awareness Campaign and Call for Screening / Budget 50,000 FCFA
- Support for the maintenance and beautification of the public garden opposite the bank headquarters (garden expenses, plants, watering, etc.) / Annual budget 480,000 FCFA
- Donation to the children of CARFO (Caisse Autonome des Retired et Officials de Ouagadougou) for the support of the schooling of young orphans (school kits, polo, T-shirts and caps Orabank and check of 1,000,000 FCFA
- Blood collection from bank staff, clients and partners for the National Blood Transfusion Center in favor of the displaced from the humanitarian crisis caused by the terrorist attacks and for children hospitalized / Budget 200,000 FCFA
- Donation of 100,000 FCFA in sugar boxes and calendars to the faithful of the mosque next to the bank
- Funding of 1,200 Christmas meals for people in difficulty in the municipalities of Teichville and Marcory through the St EGIDIO Community. This secular movement is supported by more than 60,000 people in Italy and 73 countries including Côte d’Ivoire / Budget 3,000,000 FCFA
- Along with the Association of Midwives of the City of San Pedro, the bank contributed to the financing of a day to raise awareness among women about motherhood and family planning issues and the organization of a Christmas tree by purchasing gifts for 200 children / Budget 400,000 FCFA
- Participation in the edition of the book of the year for students, teachers and parents of the Lycée Blaise Pascal / Budget 780,588 FCFA
- Bank participation in the project to build a primary school in Maritime Guinea / Budget 200,000 FCFA
- Participation of the bank in the improvement of the city with the refurbishment of the public banks of the province of Gabu / Budget 600,000 FCFA
- Donations of equipment for a clean and sanitation campaign / Budget 596,500 FCFA
- Support by the 1st year school bank of the 3 winners of the ISC Business School Excellence Competition / Budget 3,075,000 FCFA
- Fundraising through a sale of raffle tickets to Orabank Mali staff, donated to Fadi N’GOUROU community school in Badalabougou / Budget 345,000. FCFA
- Clothing donated to the Com+ Association for the Displaced People of Northern Mali
- Donation of clothing to the NGO AI Farouk
- Donation of 500 personalized Orabank water bottles to mosques near 5 of the 8 agencies in Bamako, during the month of Ramadan / Budget 1,000,000 FCFA
- Sharing Marmite
- Orabank Niger provided financial support to the NGO ADEN for the care and care of orphaned or abandoned children / Budget 1,000,000 FCFA
- The NGO “TKD UN SPORT FOR ALL” is an association that aims to enable children in family difficulties to flourish through sport. With this action, Orabank Chad supports the State initiatives in the promotion of sports and youth / Budget 500,000 FCFA
- Table seating for a primary school in the city of Tahoua. / Budget 5,000,000 FCFA
- Table seating for a primary school in the city of Tahoua. / Budget 5,000,000 FCFA
- 10,000 custom-made Orabank bottles of water are available by the bank for the “Gamou de Tivaouane (Maouloud)”
- 2,500 custom-made Orabank water bottles are available at Uganda’s Martyrs’ Parish for the grand Marian vigil of 31 October (KYRIOS)
- Afrivac Senegal is a foundation whose mission is to furnish the private sector for financing the vaccination of children of Senegal
- Monthly scholarship of 65,000 FCFA offered to 4 NPG students for 12 months of schooling. This is a contribution from Orabank Senegal for the promotion of education and vocational training for young Senegalese people
- Under the agreement between the University of Lomé and Orabank Togo, financial support for the 24-year-old AKEMEBOU EDMOND, an orphan and visually impaired student, wishing to continue his university studies / Budget 250,000 FCFA and partnership with the National Institute of Health Insurance (INAM) for the health insurance coverage of 500 togolan students ais / Budget 8,000,000 FCFA
- Financial contribution for the construction of a makeshift class for students of the Specialized Teaching Center for the Blind Persons (CESA). This action will enable them to work in better conditions / Budget 1,270,030 FCFA
- Financial contribution to the Association Partenaires de Développement Interantion (PDI) as part of its project entitled “Balloon at the Center for Development, Social Inclusion and Peace”. The aim of this project is to make sport and recreation a tool for social and economic development, promoting and improving the living environment of rural communities and people in disadvantaged urban areas and strengthening the mechanisms for inclusion. This project is also included in axis 3 of the NDP / Budget 1,000,000 FCFA
- Numerous actions to support vulnerable people during Christmas, such as: Financial support to the CCACJ of Nyékonakpoè for the children of the Parish Immaculate Conception / Budget 250,000 FCFA, Contribution to the fourteenth edition of the great socio-cultural event called “MISS NOEL”, which targets the poor and orphans aged 7 to 12 years / Budget 500,000 0 FCFA, Financial Contribution to the Socio-Cultural Event CHILD LOVE GRAIN dedicated to poor and hospitalized children in Kara” NOEL AU COEUR DE L’CHILANCE A KARA” / Budget 500 000 FCFA, Financial Support to the NGO A.S.I-TOGO (Africa International Solidarity) for Orphan Christmas Vulnerable children and elephants (OEV) / Budget 500,000 FCFA, Financial contribution to the Center d’Authorization de la Jeune et de la Femme Africaine (CAFA) in collaboration with the National Orthopedic Equipment Center for a Recreational Day for Children with Disabilities at the end of the year celebrations / Budget 250,000 FCFA
- Financial contribution to “Les Editions Seeds de Thought” for the promotion of books designed to raise awareness of environmental protection. / Budget 2,000,000 FCFA
- In partnership with SOS VILLAGE OF CHILDREN, the bank has made available in its agencies ballot boxes to raise funds to support orphan children.